PADI Divemaster Internships with Crystal Divers
PADI Divemaster Internships
Learn to love your job and Go Pro with Crystal Divers Bali. Are you passionate about diving and love to share that passion with others?
At Crystal Divers Bali we conduct our Divemaster programs as an internship where you can truly immerse yourself in the dive industry and achieve your full potential as a dive professional. During your Divemaster Internship you will work with real certified divers and students under the direct supervision of our senior instructor team and be mentored by our Platinum PADI Course Directors. We can teach all our Internships in English, Spanish, German, Dutch, Danish and Indonesian.
As you progress through your Divemaster course, you’ll expand your diving knowledge and skills and increase your confidence developing the most important skill of all – good judgement. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems, as well as helping others to improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.This takes time and practice and we generally recommend Divemaster Internships of minimum 6 weeks. Such is our dedication to training that our Divemaster Internships have NO TIME LIMIT! As long as you want to learn we want to teach! We are happy to build bespoke Divemaster packages that will fit your time frame and interests so please drop us a message for more information.
We offer many workshops over and above the normal curriculum all designed to help you become the best Divemaster heading off to live the dream. Like any worthwhile course our Divemaster Internships are challenging, fun and inspirational.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate other divers, and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the aquatic realm. Are you ready to become the next professional Ambassador for the Ocean? The PADI Divemaster Course will be your first step in the right direction towards a successful diving career.
To qualify to enter the Divemaster course you must
• Be 18 years old at the start of Divemaster training
• Have logged 20 dives
• Have completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within the last 24 months
• Be medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within the last 12 months
• Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver or have equivalent rating through another organization.
Note: Proof of 60 dives is a certification requirement for Divemaster certification, which is all included in
the Divemaster course package
PADI Materials (Crewpack) is included in all our Divemaster Internships
• PADI Instructor Manual
• Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
• Divemaster Slates
• Divemaster Manual
• eRDP ml
• Scuba Tune-Up Workbook
• Professional Training Log
• Discover Scuba Diving Instructor Cue Cards
• PADI PRO Bag
• Develop demonstration quality skills, performing the 24 basic scuba skills. We focus on neutrally buoyant skills at this level of training and teach you multiple ways to assist students.
• Dive site set up and management
• Mapping project
• Dive briefing
• Search and Recovery scenario (Not a certification. Do the Specialty instead and get a good deal!)
• Deep Dive scenario (Not a certification. Do the Specialty instead and get a good deal!)
• Open Water diver students in confined water
• Open Water diver students in open water
• Continuing education student divers in open water
• Certified divers in open water
Divemaster-Conducted Programs Workshops
• Scuba Review/Reactivate in confined water
• Skin diver course and snorkeling supervision
• Discover Scuba Diving in confined water
• Discover Scuba Diving program – additional open water dive
• Discover Local Diving in open water
The knowledge development consists of 9 topics and 2 final exams, they are done by self study and classroom
presentations from our instructors to give you local knowledge and hands on experience.
• The role and characteristics of a PADI Divemaster
• Supervising general diving activities for certified divers
• Assisting with student divers in training
• Diver safety and risk management
• Divemaster conducted programs
• Specialized skills and activities
• The business of diving and your career
• Awareness of the dive environment
• 5 dive theory review
• Complete an Emergency Assistance Plan (you can use the one from your rescue course)
• 400 meters swim
• 15 minutes treading water
• 800 meters snorkel swim
• 100 meters inert diver tow
• Equipment Exchange
Diver Rescue – Respond to an unresponsive, nonbreathing diver.
As a Divemaster it is important to be able to cater to many different types of divers so that you do not lose out on customers due to your certification limits. We offer a wide range of specialties at Crystal Divers, which will help you in your diving career as a PADI professional. Thats why we include PADI Oxygen Provider in all our Divemaster Internships. Other specialties that you may find useful as a PADI Divermaster include:
• Deep Diver, so that you are able to guide divers with deep certification up to 40 meters
• Search & Recovery Diver. Your customer loses something? You would be the hero of the day if you could easily find it for them
• Nitrox Diver, so that you can guide divers who want to dive on nitrox (to extend no deco times)
• Wreck Diver, so that you are able to guide wreck divers into wrecks
Other specialties that are extremely valuable for you as a Divemaster are:
• Oxygen Provider, if there is an emergency, you are legally allowed to provide 100% O2
• Tec diver, guide customers that want to do TEC fun dives
During our GoPRO programs, we will make sure that you are well taken care of. With all our Divemaster Internships we include 6 weeks accommodation at a local homestay. Accommodation is single occupancy room with aircon and private bathroom.
You will receive 30 lunch tickets upon arrival which you can use during your training. If you wish to stay longer you can either pay the lunches each day you dive, or you can buy 30 new tickets for a very beneficial price.
We are also happy to assist with the following at no extra cost:
• Visa assistance program.
• Airport pickup.
• Free Basic dive equipment rental (BCD, Regulator etc).
Not included are accessories such as computer, compass, knife and surface marker. Even though you can rent the equipment, we strongly advise to get your own. We have excellent discounted equipment packages for our Divemaster interns with some of the markets top brands such as Aqualung, Apecks, Suunto, Scuba Pro.
We also include the following free workshops to our programs:
• Equipment workshop
• Compressor workshop
• Resume workshop
• Digital underwater photography workshop
• Discover Tec diving workshop
• Adaptive teaching workshop
• If you plan to do your IDC with Crystal divers we offer 5 Dive theorys extended Session, which prepares you well for the IDC
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorized to
• Supervise both training and nontraining related activities by planning, organizing & directing dives
• Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
• Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
• Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
• Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
• If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
• Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
• Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster.
• Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
• surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises: and when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
• Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
• Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
• Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
• Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
PADI DiveMaster Internships
Complete Divemaster Internship
Our complete Divemaster Internship offering all the above including the PADI Divemaster Crew Pack, 6 weeks accommodation, all the extra workshops, unlimited diving and mentoring by our Platinum PADI Course Directors.
Complete Divemaster Internshipincluding Crew Pack
4 - 6 weeks to unlimited
Master DM Internship
All the great features of our Complete Divemaster Internship plus ANY 5 PADI Specialty diver certifications and the PADI Master Scuba Diver certification.
Follow your interests and gain experience in this area. Interested in conservation? Let us tailor the specialties to that area.
Master DM Internshipincluding Crew Pack and all PADI Materials
8 weeks to unlimited
Adaptive Divemaster Internship
All the great features of our Complete Divemaster Internship plus the PADI Adaptive Diver Specialty, Disabled Divers International Divemaster certification.
Being one of only a few DDI Instructor Training facilities worldwide we are passionate about sharing the underwater world with everyone despite physical ability. In these insightful training courses you will learn how you can think outside of the box to best assist both able and disabled students and certified divers. You will learn about different considerations for diving with disabled divers and think of innovative ways achieve the goal of getting all people into this amazing sport of ours!
Diving For All!
Adaptive Divemaster Internshipincluding all DM, EFRI and DDI materials
6 weeks to unlimited
Tec Divemaster Internship
All the great features of our Complete Divemaster Internship plus PADI Deep Diver, Enriched Air Diver, PADI Sidemount recreational level. PADI TEC 40, 45 & 50 Diver.
Want to learn advanced diving techniques and learn how to safely conduct technical dives this internship will challenge and motivate you. Technical diving is not for everyone and acceptance into this program will be following an assessment of skills, knowledge and attitude.
Tec Divemaster Internshipincluding Crew Pack and all PADI Materials
8 weeks to unlimited